20.6.11

Wrenches.

There’s a satisfaction in turning a wrench or a screwdriver or ratchet that just isn’t found anywhere else.  It seems that whether the task is simple or complex, I derive a singular and unique pleasure from working with simple tools.
I bought a motorcycle a few weeks ago and just now I was spending a few moments adjusting the right side of the handle bars.  The next project is to sort out an oil leak.  The previous owner had a shop fix an oil leak; I’m inclined to believe they may have taken money for services NOT rendered.  That’s the way it goes sometimes.
This morning we enjoyed a sermon on mature masculinity.  Many points were made, among which was the fact that our masculinity is measured within the context of our interactions with and concerning females.  How do I treat them, talk about them, and think about them?  It was much needed for many of us, for myself particularly.  It gave me much to think about in addition to the countless other topics that I consider each day.
This bike doesn’t make me more manly.  Like so many other things, it just is.  The guns I own do not make me more manly, they just are.
I’ve not written anything recently and perhaps I’m a tad rusty.  Or at least many of my thoughts over these recent months are not as ordered and fully articulated as I would like them to be for sharing with others.  I hope to tidy up a bit and see if I can get some thoughts out.
I enjoy turning wrenches, running my saw, or wielding my axes and hammers.
I hope to get my hands dirty and mind tidied a bit.  You’ll know if either happen any time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment